United Gaming
Welcome to United Gaming Roleplay!

United Gaming Roleplay is a San Andreas roleplay server, if you want to join us, just get the IP on the top of the page!

Make sure you register and login!

United Gaming Roleplay is a San Andreas roleplay server, if you want to join us, just get the IP on the top of the page!

Make sure you register and login!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  Roleplay GuideRoleplay Guide  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roleplaying Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roadkill
Admin
Admin

Roleplaying Guide Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying Guide   Roleplaying Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:40 pm

What is roleplay?
Roleplay is acting out of character of what you do in real life. You can roleplay anyone you want to be, roleplaying is what you want it to be, you can go from a hobo to a president, be rich and poor, it's your choice.

Creating a character:
When creating a character, you will be asked for an age(not your real age, make one up) and your gender. After that you will start a tutorial. Use /skipmytut if you have already seen the tutorial to skip it.

Finished creating?
Once you have finished creating your character, you will be sent into the world of San Andreas. The first thing most people do is go to the nearest 24/7 to buy a cellphone and maybe a phonebook with /buy, you'll get a list then. Then, you can start making friends and enemies however you want, making sure you are roleplaying while doing so. If you find someone who isn't roleplaying, be sure to use /report [ID of non-roleplayer] [what they're doing], and an admin will get back to you. You can try and get into a gang, if there are any, and make some allies with people. If you don't want to do it the illegal way, do it the legal way by applying to the LSPD, if not, just go with a gang. Try and make both roleplay.

Need a job?

On this server, there is a large variety of jobs. I'll list all of the ones I know:

Legal jobs are the following:
Mechanics, detective, lawyer, taxi driver, bodyguard and boxer.

Illegal jobs are the following:
Arms dealer, drug dealer, drug smuggler, whore.

If you need any help with the jobs, do /jobhelp, it will list the jobs and by selecting one will give you more information.

The meanings of IC, OOC, MG, PG, RK, CK and DM:

IC:
IC means In-Character, this is basically everything we just list above this, meaning all of your actions and stuff like that ingame.

OOC:
OOC means Out-Of-Character, which is the opposite of IC, meaning this is where you talk about ANYTHING BUT IC information, talking about IC information in OOC is against the rules, as IC in OOC, as people can MG(see next).

MG:
MG means Metagame, this stands for using in-character information you achieved in an out-of-character channel, using it to your advantage, and is punishable.

PG:
PG stands for powergaming, this means that you can't force an action on someone, for example:
"/me runs and stabs Max in the face, killing him." <-- This is a no.
"/me runs towards Max, attempting to stab him in the face, trying to kill him. /do S/F? IF(S): /me stabs Max in the face, killing him. IF(F): /me misses Max's face and falls over." <-- This is a okay.

RK:
RK stands for Revenge Killing, this is NOT allowed. This basically means, if you're being chased by someone, and they kill you and you respawn in the hospital, you can NOT run up to the person who killed you to kill them for revenge. This can get you banned or jailed.

CK:
CK stands for Character Kill, this means you lose all of your progress, including your money, faction, items etc.

DM:
DM stands for Death Matching, this is a big rule, it means that if you attack someone without a reason or any /me, you'll get into trouble. You need to make sure you don't do this. You must always have a reason and emote. If you were sent here by an admin, use this code so the admin knows you have read this: 2881c1

Additional information:
When joining the server, you start at the LS airport, this server is based in LS currently. If you want a pickup, there are plenty of cars around(make sure the cops don't see you), or you can do /service taxi and if there are any taxi drivers on, they will be given your location and come for you. If you need some command help, do /help on the server, it will list the current commands you can use.

Some rules:
1. You may not /q to avoid death, meaning you can't log out before you're about to die, or get arrested. You may get jailed.
2. Driving by as a driver(meaning shooting while driving) is not allowed. But on the other hand, your passengers may do so without punishment.
3. Advertising is strictly forbidden, you may not give any IPs to anyone on this server or any other server. /pm has been disabled for this reason. You will get automatically banned.
4. Car jacking, this means do not rob someones car while someone else is driving for no reason. You may emote this, but without reason and emote is against the rules.
5. Car parking, this means ramming into someone and parking on top of them so they can't move and they die. This is bannable.
6. When you get pulled over by a policeman, you can either continue driving, starting a chase, remember though, if you crash into lamposts and stuff, you need to roleplay as crashing in real life. Or you could just pull over like a normal person, and do as the cop says.
7. Remember, you're a citizen, and you're roleplaying like real life, so if someone pulls out a gun, you do what a normal person would do. You would not walk up to them and punch them and run.
8. Police officers may not rush using a tazer, meaning running and tazing. You may not taze someone in the water either.
9. Roleplay injured when someone has shot you or you have crashed.
10. You may not netspeak in IC, meaning talking with "afk" "lol" "wtf".. etc, this will result in a mute.
11. You may not make more accounts just to transfer money.
12. Admin events are OOC, not IC, meaning you don't have to use /b.
13. You must /me and /do things when you're pulling a weapon out. If you just suddenly pull a weapon out, people will call it "ass pulling" meaning you pulled a spas out of nowhere. It's preferable to /me take thins from the trunks of cars, or glove boxes.
14. Make sure you roleplay driving. Meaning stay on the right side of the road at all times, and try not to crash. If you do crash, please roleplay it.
15. If you need help in game, please use /new [message], if someone has an answer for your question, they will reply. Please do not abuse this chat, it is for Q&A only. (Questions and Answers).
16. If you want to ask an admin something, like unmuting, reporting someone and stuff like that, please use /report, these questions do not belong in /new. Admins will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

To see if there are any admins online, use /admins.

Guide by Roadkill(Max_Gronko).
Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
United Gaming :: Helper Central :: Guides & Tutorials-
Jump to: